adidas womens high tops Just Like Football
1. Jenks (6 0): Oklahoma State signee Nick Sidorakis averages 19.4 points per game for the Trojans, who downed Bartlesville 47 42 on Jan. 9 to move to 6 0. 6 7 junior Vince Boncaldo averages 11 per contest to pace Jenks.
2. Union (Tulsa) (9 0): Rolled to comfortable victories over Bartlesville and Owasso before beating Sapulpa. Redskins are allowing just 37.6 points per game defensively. Three point specialist Tom Becker scored 17 against Owasso as Union busted out to a 25 3 lead after one quarter. Justin Glenn, a 6 8 Centenary signee, scored 16 in the victory over Bartlesville.
4. Putnam City (9 1): Sophomore Xavier Henry, regarded as one of the nation’s best talents in the Class of 2009, ripped Edmond Santa Fe for 37 points in an 80 53 victory.
5. Sequoyah (Tahlequah) (9 1): Lance and Mike Soap scored 14 apiece as Sequoyah downed Casady (Oklahoma City), 64 55 on Jan. 6. On Jan. 8, the Indians used 17 points from Lance Soap to defeat Checotah in the opening round of the Bedouin Shire Classic 50 38.
6. Eisenhower (Lawton) (5 1): On Jan. 9,
Eisenhower bombed Altus, 93 41. De’von Bailey hit for 15 points for Eisenhower and scored 15 as they defeated Del City on Jan. 5, 63 54. Eisenhower’s only loss of the season was to fourth ranked Putnam City on Nov. 28.
7. Bishop McGuinness (Oklahoma City) (7 2): The Fighting Irish had two key wins over the weekend against Deer Creek (Edmond) and Bishop Kelley (Tulsa). 6 6 senior Michael Sosanya continues to heat up, scoring 19 in a 54 52 victory over Deer Creek before netting 18 in a 59 54 victory over arch rival Bishop Kelley.
8. Elk City (8 0): Rolled to an easy victory over Weatherford, 75 58.
9. East Central (Tulsa) (7 3): Lost to Edison (Tulsa) 67 60 and Memorial (Tulsa), 51 48. Junior guard Ken Holdman scored 19 points in the loss to Edison. Another junior, Sidney Hadnott, averages 14.5 points per game for East Central. Hadnott netted 17 in the loss to Memorial.
10. MacArthur (Lawton) (4 0): Downed Duncan 73 61 on Jan. 9 to continue their perfect start to the season. Geo Brewer netted 31 points to lead the way for the Highlanders. MacArthur is headed to the Clinton Tournament to face Guymon on Jan. 11.
Hardwood Version of Backyard Bowl: It’s Jenks vs. Union
Normally the words Jenks vs. Union get the competitive juices flowing on the gridiron. This Friday,
the rivalry spills over onto the hardwood with both teams occupying the top two spots in the MaxPreps Oklahoma rankings.
Nick Sidorakis and junior Vince Boncaldo lead the way for Jenks, who rolled to the title with a victory over third ranked Midwest City in the Tournament of Champions over the holidays.
Union features two players who have already inked Division I letters of intent. 6 4 guard Derrek Lewis is headed to Texas A while 6 8 Justin Glenn is back from a knee injury that caused him to miss all of last season and will continue his career at Centenary.
Union is coming off a 71 46 victory over Sapulpa. Lewis netted 21 points in the victory, while Glenn added 13. Sidorakis scored 15 points in a 47 42 victory over Bartlesville.
The 47th Annual McGuinness Classic, the longest running boys basketball tournament in Oklahoma, will feature the hosts. Class 6A schools such as Norman, Norman North, and Edmond Santa Fe will attempt to flex their muscles against smaller schools such as McGuinness, Carl Albert (Midwest City),
Northeast (OKC), and Classen SAS (OKC).
The East Central Classic in Ada will feature Class 6A schools such as Lawton and Owasso, along with Class 5A contender Capitol Hill (OKC).
Clinton will host the Interbank Shootout, which will feature Elk City, Lawton MacArthur, and Douglass (OKC).
The Putnam City Invitational promises to entertain. Putnam City, Midwest City, Putnam City North,
and Lawton Eisenhower are the top teams competing in the tournament.
It has been a difficult year for Tulsa Washington legendary coach Nate Harris. First, Harris agreed to leave after the season due to an issue with receiving free shoes without the approval of administration. Last week, Harris was forced to take a medical leave of absence due on an undisclosed problem that may require surgery.